The process of replacing your home’s siding in Seattle is no easy decision. Unlike fresh paint or landscaping, new siding will likely be a long-term investment you’ll have to live with for many years to come.
By choosing the right materials, colors, textures, siding contractors, and time of year to do your siding installation, you’ll appreciate a beautiful home and the satisfaction of ownership every time you pull into your driveway.
On the other hand, making the wrong choices can lead to headaches and lost money, particularly if you’re attempting to sell your home.
Siding Questions You Need To Consider
New Siding Installations vs. Siding Repairs
- When considering new siding, you will need to first rule out whether it needs to be completely replaced or just a repair will do. If your home’s siding is only suffering from minor weather damage or cracks, a couple repairs from an experienced siding contractor or the home improvement company may be all that is needed. Though, if cracks have been there a long enough, water may have worked its way underneath, which would require complete siding replacement.
- Also, count the age of your siding. If it’s from the 80s, 90s, and even earlier, the chances are more susceptible to cracking and brittle. Getting to repair a few panels here and there can add up over time, and the older your home siding is, the more repairs you can count on demand. Attempting to match the color to the outdated siding can also prove considerably challenging.
When To Replace Your Siding
- Moderate temperatures are perfect; it’s best to plan your siding replacement for the Fall or Spring months. Summer is also a good time in Pacific Northwest to plan your siding replacement. Check Seattle weather to plan your project perfectly.
- Before replacing your siding, you should also think about your windows state, fascia, and soffit. Many experts recommend performing window replacements before new siding installation. Additionally, having them done same time may lower your overall pricing.
Which Siding Type Is Best For Your Home?
There are numerous choices for siding materials, so how do you know which is best for your home. Below are some of the more common siding options.
- Fiber Cement: Fiber cement will last a lifetime and looks great, making it the clear-cut winner for many of today’s homeowners.
- Vinyl: Vinyl siding is cheap and fairly durable.
- Cedar: Cedar shingles or lap look excellent but become weathered by the elements over time. Also, it may be a more expensive choice for the budget since it is a natural wood siding material.
Choosing The Right Color
- New siding can absolutely transform the appearance of your home and glorify its curb appeal to new heights. Not only will it make you feel great every time you pull into your driveway, but it also makes your home more alluring to buyers and boosts its value. In fact, it’s one of the greatest investments you can make for your home. That being said, the colors you choose play a big role in all of the above.
- When picking your new siding color, drive around your neighborhood to see what they are doing? After all, while red front doors are awesome, you probably don’t want to be the only red house on the block.
- If you’re replacing your windows, fascia, and/or soffits as well, it’s also essential to decide how the colors of your siding will complement these features. If you have an HOA, it’s essential to check with them to see which colors are allowed for your neighborhood
Hiring A Professional Home Improvement Companies
- Everyone loves saving their money, so it’s only natural for some homeowners to want to go the DIY path and replace their siding independently. While commendable, many of these situations often become DIY projects gone wrong.
- The fact is replacing a home’s siding can be complicated. And the truth is that special tools and years of experience are often required to get the job done, and let alone get it done right. The experienced siding contractors know the ins and outs of the exterior renovations and can handle everything from A to Z and to transform your house’s exterior in no time at all!
The first impressions matter. And siding is usually the first thing people notice when driving by or up to a home.
With careful planning and a great siding contractor by your side, your home will be more valuable, rejuvenated, and serve as a source of pride for many years to come.
While you’re mulling it over, check out our Replacement Siding Installation Gallery for some inspiration.