What is fiber cement siding?
Fiber cement siding is a home sidig material that is beautiful, fire-resistant, and paintable.
If you live in or around Seattle Washington, you know how excellent fiber-cement siding can be. This durable, weather-resistant material is perfect for outdoor use and much more affordable than many other materials on the market.James Hardie: HardiePlank
- When fiber cement siding is discussed, the name James Hardie comes up almost immediately. With its dominance in the industry, it is easy to understand why. The company produces no other products but fiber-cement siding and cement backer boards. It has remained focused on providing the highest quality products for homeowners and builders for 90 years.
- HardiePlank, the classic James Hardie product, is a simple long lap siding 5/16-inch thick by 12-foot, in widths from 5 1/4-inch to 8 1/4 inch. James Hardie also comes in long, skinny planks, panels (4-foot by 8-foot), and siding shingles. HardiePlank comes in a diversity of colors that are already baked in. If you aspire to a different color, you can paint HardiePlank just as any other paintable siding material. All fiber-cement siding can be painted.
- It’s the top-selling brand in North America for a reason: performance. Proven through countless tests before receiving approval from the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and reinforced through James Hardie’s ongoing testing of both its siding products and manufacturing facilities, HardiePlank is not your typical fiber-cement siding.
- Allura began with CertainTeed, the vast construction and remodeling products company specializing in insulation to windows to decking. CertainTeed is most famous for its extensive vinyl siding materials department. With its fiber-cement division weak, CertainTeed decided to get out of the fiber-cement business altogether. They sold the division to the Mexican company, Elementia. And under Elementia and its Plycem brand, Allura has been growing ever since.
- For homeowners looking for low maintenance and high aesthetic appeal, Allura offers a wide range of semi-custom and standard fiber-cement products. The company manufactures various architectural panels, including shingles, soffits, fascia; lap siding in several natural wood tones; and painted vertical fiber-cement siding.
- Woodtone RusticSeries fiber-cement siding is available in several rich wood tones and is naturally resistant to insects and rot. This siding has a natural grain fiber-cement product that imitates the look and feel of wood construction but has cement’s durability characteristics. Whether you’re looking for a home with a warm and natural look or an exterior to complement your prefabricated steel-sided home, Woodtone’s RusticSeries might be just what you’re looking for. Since it is fiber-cement, it won’t crack. Woodtone siding is based in Chilliwack, BC.
- Woodtone is the only fiber-cement siding company that sells natural wood. Its AbsoluteCedar family of posts, panels, and trim. With its ultra-embossed wood grains, RusticSeries’ broad palette of eighteen designer colors can be found on lap siding, shakes, longboards, and a host of matching trim products. If you are looking for a strong wood appearance in the form of easy maintenance fiber-cement, Woodtone is worth a close look.
American Fiber Cement Corporation
- Suppose you’re looking for a handful of fiber-cement shingles to repair your home’s siding. In that case, American Fiber Cement Corporation (AFCC) is not the answer. But suppose you want to side a football stadium, dormitory, or university library. In that case, AFCC will be happy to do business with you. For its colorfastness that stubbornly resists fading, AFCC offers several through-body color fiber-cement cladding products, as well as painted panels, cladding, and accessories.
- Canada-based Finex presents large-format fiber-cement panels in 4-foot by 8-foot and 4-foot by 10-foot sizes and panels in 1-foot by 8-foot and various other sizes. The significant feature of Finex panels is its easy surface mounting system and touch sensitive finish with flared screws.
When it comes to fiber-cement siding, the Pacific Northwest, including Seattle, relies on the expertise of siding contractors like KV Construction LLC to help homeowners make the best choices. In the region’s challenging climate, durability and performance are paramount. Among the top brands that have consistently excelled are James Hardie, CertainTeed, Allura, Nichiha, and LP SmartSide.
These brands offer a wide range of styles, textures, and colors to suit your aesthetic preferences, while their robust composition ensures they can withstand the rainy Seattle weather. At KV Construction LLC, we understand the importance of recommending trusted brands that provide both quality and value for our clients. Our commitment is to help you select the perfect fiber-cement siding that not only protects your home but enhances its beauty, ensuring your investment stands the test of time.