Water leaking behind a home’s vinyl siding is virtually unnoticeable but brings enormous consequences. This situation is not uncommon with all the rain that the Pacific Northwest is known for, and it’s easy to solve with a quick call to siding contractors in Seattle.
Below are some signs that it’s time to call a contractor and get your leaky siding fixed before disaster strikes.
When there is excess moisture (especially in warm conditions), mold can form. This fungus not only looks awful, but it’s also harmful to your health.
When you constantly breathe in its spores, you can form various health issues, including:
• Mold-induced asthma. If you have asthma and breathe in mold spores, you could have a mold-induced asthma attack. Prolonged mold exposure can lead to more episodes.
• Allergic fungal sinusitis. Allergic fungal sinusitis happens when mold infects the sinuses. The sinus pathways are blocked by thick mucus, making breathing difficult. If left untreated or constantly exposed to mold, it could lead to vision loss.
• Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. This is another illness caused by an allergic reaction to mold. The symptoms include coughing up bloody mucous, fever, and fatigue.
Hypersensitivity pneumonitisHypersensitivity pneumonitis is a rare immune system disorder. Breathing in spores causes the lungs to become inflamed.
If you start to feel sick and notice any growths, you need to call your local siders in Seattle, Washington, to investigate.
2. Insect InfestationsInsects love moist, dark areas and will flock to your home when your vinyl siding leaks. Damp, shadowy locations allow insects to lay eggs and feed under your siding.
Some insects will also enjoy eating the mold that grows there. For instance, mold mites and flies are notorious for eating mold.
Meanwhile, Cockroaches are attracted to mold-covered objects because the fungus helps break down the materials for easy digestion.
On top of this, these insects will attract larger pests such as rodents.
3. Destruction of Vinyl SidingProlonged water exposure will lead to the destruction of your vinyl siding. The water will erode the material quickly and take years off its lifespan. Once your vinyl erodes, you need to find siding companies in Seattle, WA, to replace them right away.
The longer you put it off, the more the water will end up destroying your precious home.
4. Foundation CracksWater leaks can lead to the destruction of your home’s secure foundation. A tell-tale sign of this is the formation of visible fissures. If left untreated, your whole home is at risk.
However, you can fix the issue before it gets worse. Experts can provide the best siding install Seattle has to offer, which will prevent costly foundation repairs.
ConclusionThe consequences of allowing leaks to continue are scary. Mold, infestations, and home deterioration threaten your family’s overall happiness and well-being. Once the damage begins, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and panic.
But instead of stressing, do your research and find skilled siders Seattle, WA approves of to resolve the issue.